HARDI NORTH AMERICA INC. PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Our Privacy & Security Commitment to You:
Information Collection and Use
We are the sole owners of the information collected on the Site. We reserve the right to share information collected on this site with other companies owned by us; however, we will not sell, share, or rent this information to any outside parties, except as outlined in this Policy. We collect information from our customers to prepare parts quotes, process orders and better serve you with pertinent information, such as order confirmations and order status updates. Please be sure to enable email from our email addresses so you are able to receive confirmations of your orders and responses to any questions you send to us.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including:
- Personal Information. This includes, but is not limited to, information that we use to identify you, such as your name, shipping address, billing address, telephone number(s), email address and payment information.
- Non-Personal Information. This includes, but is not limited to, user behaviour on our Site and aggregated generic information. This is information that is about you but individually does not identify you.
- Usage information. This includes, but is not limited to, information about your device including IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, and page interaction information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
We require you to submit an email address and password for logging into the secure member area of the Site. DO NOT share your login information or security information with anyone. If you elect to receive correspondence from us, your contact information will be used for the delivery of these items.
Your member profile asks you to provide contact information. This contact information is used to respond to your requests and to uniquely identify you, your preferences and your product needs. You are encouraged to keep your information up-to-date via the links on the Site and drop-down menus. This will save you time on all your future requests and orders.
When do we collect information?
We collect information in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. We collect information that you provide to us, including but not limited to, the information you provide by filling in forms on our Site, such as information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, posting material on the Site, or requesting further services on the Site. We may also ask for this information when you report a problem with our Site or exercise your privacy rights and choices.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage information as described above, and we also may use these technologies, at times in connection with third-party services, to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
This Site uses “cookie” technology to obtain non-Personal Information from online visitors. We don’t extract Personal Information in this process. Rather, cookies allow us to update and improve our Site. Even if you set your browser not to accept cookies, you can still use most of the features of the Site.
We do not control these third parties tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We do not send any mass/junk/spam e-mail from the Site. Your email address is strictly used to respond to your requests and send you information on periodic specials or news. You may elect to opt-in or opt-out of periodic e-mails from us by emailing or calling to let us know your personal preferences by following the unsubscribe information contained at the bottom of every email we send to you, or by updating your preferences from the Site’s drop-down menu.
We take precautions to protect our customers’ information. When you submit sensitive information to us, we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect such both online and offline.
We utilize encryption technologies, such as, for example, Extended Validation SSL (secure socket layer) and 256-bit encrypted security for all activity through the member’s area of the Site (including updating profile data, placing and tracking orders, etc.).
We collect and use contact information (such as, for example, your email address, phone number, and shipping address) and credit card information for the purposes of processing your order and shipping your parts to you. We require that you resubmit your credit card information within each transaction as an added layer of security.
Access to all of our users’ information is restricted. We operate in a facility that requires all employees to be bound by confidentiality agreements regarding your information. Among other restrictions, such confidentiality agreements require that only employees who need personally identifiable information to perform a specific job function are granted access to such personally identifiable information.
Our infrastructure is housed and maintained in data centres that utilize multi-tiered security measures.
We take efforts to keep employees up-to-date on our security and privacy practices and also notify and reinforce the importance of privacy and what such employees can do to protect customers’ information.
Unfortunately, no safeguards or processes can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such personal information. You provide such personal information at your own risk.
A cookie is a small string of text that a website can send to your browser which helps the Site remember and customize your visit. For example, cookies allow us to tailor the Site to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers or other software, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, the functionality of the Site may be limited, and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the Site’s features, such as, the ability to purchase merchandise. We customize certain web page content based on browser types and other information provided by a session cookie. We may also use third-party cookies for targeted advertising purposes.
Sharing of Information
We may employ third-party companies to perform functions on our behalf. These functions may include quoting freight charges, package delivery, marketing assistance, order fulfilment, postal and email delivery, data analyses and credit processing. The third parties we contract for these purposes have limited access to your personal information and may not use it for other purposes. Extreme care and discretion are exercised when evaluating third-party sites. We only brand third-party sites if their organization applies stringent security and privacy practices that parallel our own commitment to safe online shopping.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Site. We may collect and possibly share personally identifiable information and any other information available to us in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or as otherwise required by law.
We reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer your personally identifiable information in the event that we are involved in a transaction resulting in the sale of our assets, such as a merger or acquisition. If the surviving entity in the such transaction is not us, the surviving company may use your personally identifiable information pursuant to their own privacy policies, and those policies may be different from this Policy.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize the user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our Site in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To contact you by phone, email, and text, including using automated technology to dial you, to discuss our products, offers, and services and your project.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services in which you may have an interest, including the availability of products and services from our affiliated companies.
- We may share your contact information with or receive your contact information from affiliated companies and companies that we have partnered with, such as local dealers, and this contact information may be used for marketing purposes. You have the ability to opt out of these marketing communications at any time.
Customer Reviews and Testimonials
The Customer Reviews and Testimonials section of the Site is for the purpose of sharing customer experiences. These sections are moderated to attempt to provide accurate testimonials. We reserve the right to post or remove any testimonial at our discretion.
By posting your comment(s) or testimonial(s) (“Testimonial”) on the Site, you give us permission to reprint or use the Testimonial in connection with our business. You also are agreeing to the following: (1) The reprint or use of the Testimonial will be at our discretion and without compensation; (2) We may use the Testimonial with or without any pseudo (pen) name credit; (3) Our right to use the Testimonial is perpetual and may be assigned by us; (4) We may use the Testimonial locally, nationally or globally and such use may be made in any media, information or communication platform (including Internet advertising) currently in use or later developed; and (5) You and not someone else composed and posted the Testimonial. Other than your pseudo (pen) name and your general geographic location (city or state or country), which we may or may not use, your personal contact information will not be disclosed in connection with our reprint or use of your Testimonial.
This Site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected directly by us.
Data Transfers to Other Countries/Territories
At times we may need to share your personal data with our affiliates and third-party service providers. For Data Subjects from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we may transfer your Personal Information outside the EEA for processing pursuant to the purposes outlined above. When you provide us with Personal Information, you understand and agree that it may be transferred across national boundaries and processed outside the EEA, including by trusted third parties. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. We may transfer personal information to the United States or elsewhere and process it there, in accordance with applicable law and regulation and using appropriate safeguards when necessary.
Additional Privacy Rights for Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and California
There are certain laws which provide individuals with additional privacy rights. Under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), individuals in the EEA have additional privacy rights:
- Right to be Informed. Individuals have the right to transparency regarding our collection of personal data.
- Right of Access. Individuals have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- Right of Rectification. Individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to have their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- Right to Restrict Processing. An individual’s right to block or suppress the processing of their personal data.
- Right to Data Portability. This allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- Right to Object. In certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used.
- Rights of Automated Decision Making and Profiling. The GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention.
If you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us using any of the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware that under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.
You may file a complaint with EU data protection authorities (“DPAs”). A list of DPAs from the European Commission may be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/document.cfm?action=display&doc_id=50061.
California Privacy Rights
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, including the California Consumer Privacy Act or other state privacy laws, you may have the right to direct or ask HARDI NA:
- To delete any personal information about you
- To not sell personal information about you
- To tell you:
- The categories of personal information it has collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom it shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about you.
- The categories of personal information about you that it has sold, the categories of third parties to whom it sold the personal information, and which category(ies) of personal information were sold to each third party.
- The categories of personal information disclosed about you for business purposes.
Note: You have a choice as to whether you want to share personal information with us. We will not discriminate against a consumer for exercising these rights. If you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain services and/or the functionality and features of certain services may be limited or inoperable.
Notification of Changes
If you ever wish to access your personal information or to have your personal information deleted, updated, changed or modified, you may do so by contacting us by email at [email protected] or through the contact information below. To cancel your account and have your personal information returned to you, please contact us through the contact information below. Requests to update information will be handled within thirty (30) days.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us using the information below.
HARDI North America Inc.
7301 Vine Street Court
Davenport, IOWA, USA, 52806